Mision Chile Concepcion Sur

Mision Chile Concepcion Sur
Called to Serve

Friday, September 9, 2016

It wasn´t on the menu


The weeks are literally just flying by. It is not natural at all.
Anyway some really cool things happened this week but first I will
share with you the funniest to me. Also the inspiration for the title.
My companion and I found this place to eat that was relatively cheap
and really good. The following day we invited all of the missionary
couples of the office to come with us and try it because it had really
good salmon. They all happily came. Elder Jones, the husband of the
mission nurse, isn´t the biggest fan of salmon and when we got there
he wasn´t there when they told us what was on the menu for the day. He
asked simply if they had any pork products. They informed us they did
but he responded asking for pork chops. They didn´t have it but ever
so eagerly our waiter stated, "You know what I will walk across the
street to the meat market there and we will buy and prepare pork chops
for you." And they did. I don´t know if telling this story it was as
funny as when I was there but I hope you enjoy that one.

Sharing just one more story from this week I will share with you
something cool that happened when my companion and I were contacting
houses. We were contacting and that this lady with really white hair
anwers the door. She spoke to us and asked if we were the Mormon
missionaries. We responded with the affirmative. She then says that
she is just in the house as a visitor but shouts upstairs to ask the
owner if she can let the missionaries in. We hear a response of "No No
No No" She then responds from below. "But they are gringos and I want
to talk to them."(Mind you this is all in Spanish) Then with permission
obtained we enter into the house. She starts to talk to us in perfect
english and tells us that she is from Wyoming(Or Wisconsin I don´t
really remember.) Then as we talk to her and get to know her religious
background we find out that she is an Adventist. That she is here in
Chile promoting homeschooling and that her parents were actually
Adventist missionaries here in Chile when she was a child. It was
really odd finding another gringo here. (Another in the sense of one
more because I have found a lot.) Anyway we taught her and she didn´t
want to read or accept a copy of the book of Mormon but she did take
and promise to read the restoration pamphlet. steps. She lives in the
south of Chile though so probably won´t ever see her again. Also she
was like 80.

Anyway I know that the lord is preparing people everywhere to hear the
message of the restoration and I know that one of the ways he does it
is through us. I love you all and I love the gospel.

Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment