Mision Chile Concepcion Sur

Mision Chile Concepcion Sur
Called to Serve

Monday, October 26, 2015

Rain and Sun makes for lots of Fun.



Forgive me for the title of this email. I know that I shouldn't rhyme. This last week has been a lot like the others. We teach people and they don't go to church. We are working on it though. We have been teaching a lot of new investigators and it is always interesting to see the different type of backgrounds that you get to teach. Most people are either Catholic or Evangélico, meaning like baptist or something. We are teaching one person who doesn't believe in God and that is a good experience. He is really cool and smart and the important part is that he reads the Book of Mormon. 

The weather is getting warmer as we are coming out of winter right now. The rain is constant. However it is easy to find cool umbrellas here. I had a really hard task with that in the states.   


Also for the first time I made BANANA PANCAKES. It was great and really easy. I like to cook for myself but dont often get the chance.

As always I am open to any questions that you may have.
Elder Miller
 
A funny experience that I have had is as follows :
 I was at the a members house for lunch when the member got a phone call from the missionary that baptized her. She began to tell the Elder about the current missionaries in the area. When she was describing me she told the Elder that I was from Russia instead of saying I was blonde. This is due to the closeness of the words in Spanish. The elder believed her and since then she has been telling everyone that I am from Russia 

A spiritual experience that I have had is that in the last week we have been taking our recent converts to lessons with us. One of the converts is always joking about not wanting to go to church. During a lesson we invited the investigator to go to church. Our convert then testified of her own personal experience with church and how it has helped her. It wasn't anything complex but a simple confirmation of the things we have been teaching. This experience confirmed that I am actually helping people to draw closer to God and make important changes in their lives.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment