Mision Chile Concepcion Sur

Mision Chile Concepcion Sur
Called to Serve

Monday, August 31, 2015

I learned spanish but I should have learned Castillano.

 Week Seven
So I am officially in Chile. It is rainy a lot and I love it. I love how all the chileans speak. There is so much slang that its just crazy. Thus the title of the email. So my trainer (as everyone in the Mish says your parent) is Elder Cox. He is from Kaysville but he didnt know anyone that I did. Our area is a small town named Vilcún about an hour away from a bigger town named Temuco. I really love it here. There are a lot of people in the area who are recent converts and we get to teach them a lot.

Bread here is super good. Also I had some roasted flour. Basically they just toast flour before they grind it. You can mix it with water or milk. It smells like frosted mini wheats and its great. They also eat a lot of soup here and the family that I live with are really good at cooking.

I will get some pictures of the volcano that is really close to us. Apparently on a clear day there are 5 volcanos that you can see. There are a total of seven close to me though. Dont worry though. I feel totally safe.

I feel pretty good about the spanish but there is a lot of slang and stuff. Also something really funny is that a lot of the time they randomly put -po after words. So it would be like si-po and it will throw you off a little.

Elder Miller

CCM District 5D Despedida photos:

We send our love with you all and know that you will find joy and happiness in this great work.  Thanks for your examples of dedication, obedience, and diligence.  Open your hearts to the people.  They will love you.


Hermana Call
CCM




No comments:

Post a Comment