Mision Chile Concepcion Sur

Mision Chile Concepcion Sur
Called to Serve

Sunday, August 21, 2016

It was a glorious week.


So first off I have to announce that I am no longer in a trio. Meaning I only have one companion now. My other companion Elder Maldonado has his own companion who just so happens to be a Chilean as well named Elder Zuñiga. 
I am still companions with Elder Clark.
I still however have to do a lot of things with housing because neither of the housing elders can drive. That is pretty okay though because I get to see all of the really beautiful parts of the mission all the time. I love it. The ocean is really cool. We have some cool beaches here in Chile.

Also it has been raining a lot. I am still here in Chile after all. However it is slowly getting warmer as we enter into spring here soon. 

Some cool experiences that I had this week were two. One we had just barely dropped the mission van off in the parking lot when we noticed that one of our neighbors was moving. Immediatly we offer to help and are hands on in the moving process. We find out that he is actually helping his friend move to another apartment right across the street. His name was Nino and he started speaking to us in English because he said he wanted to practice. At the end he gave us his phone number so we could give him a call and pass by some time. Then literally twenty minutes later we are walking and we meet this lady giving food to the stray dogs. Backstory, here in Chile there are literally hundreds of thousands of stray animals in the streets. The specific ones we are talking about are the ones that hang out by the closest bus stop in San Pedro. Anyway, as we talk to this lady we find out that she passes by every night after work to give food to these dogs. She has been doing this for the last six years. There were like six different stray dogs. Needless to say I was impressed.

Anyway love you all. 

Elder Miller


Also last week we went and visited some museums. It was really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment