Mision Chile Concepcion Sur

Mision Chile Concepcion Sur
Called to Serve

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Just another week in the city of San Pedro



This week has been really normal. We have been able to get out of the
office a lot more and work in the sector. Area. Not actually sure what
you call it in English but here in this mission we call it a sector
which is actually a Spanish word as well. Things are progressing well
here and we are actually in the last week of cambios. Things always
get really stressful for us in this week but I feel really calm about
it right now. We found out recently who is going to be our new mission
president. His name is President May and he is from Alabama. Both he
and his wife speak Spanish. I will probably be in the mission office
for three different mission presidents.

Also things really sneak up on you. I am just about to my second skype
on my mission. It is really weird to think things like that. I still
feel really pavo... turkey. Doesn´t really translate well.

Well anyway this week was actually really sad as well. I have seen a
lot of missionaries go home. Most of them because they have finished
their their mission time and are going home. I have seen a fair bit go
home for health reasons and things like that as well. However this
week  my companion and I had to go to the airport and help an Elder
going home for health reasons and I was impacted. It might have been
because this particular Elder had come to the mission the same time as
me and we were well acquainted. It could have also been because my
companion and I were the only ones there sending him off this time.
However, in any case I quedé impresionado. I began to think. I am
really glad to be here in the mission and to have the gospel of Jesus
Christ in my life. It is something very important to me and I love it.

Elder Miller


No comments:

Post a Comment